In 2018, the Farm Bill removed the hemp plants from the definition of marijuana when it comes to the Controlled Substances Act. This enabled hemp-based products like cannabidiol with less than 0.3% THC legal.
However, those with over 0.03% THC are still considered illegal, and they are included in marijuana’s legal definition. It’s essential to check the state laws in your area or whenever you’re traveling to be on the safe side.
CBD or cannabidiol is the compound present in hemp plants, and it offers a lot of benefits. As the consumers’ interests grow with these products, they discover others like soft gels and capsules that are convenient options wherever they are. With sites like cheefbotanicals, consumers can now get the capsules online and wait for them to be shipped. These are helpful if you have anxiety, insomnia, back pain, and other medical ailments, as cannabidiol can usually help with these symptoms.
What are the CBD Soft Gels?
Cannabidiol is one of the phytochemicals that are found in Cannabis sativa plants. There’s evidence suggesting that it’s helpful when treating various illnesses and health conditions like pain, anxiety, and epilepsy.
Some people may confuse CBD with the psychoactive compound THC present in marijuana. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the one that causes high with many people, and it’s often associated with cannabis use. On the other hand, products containing cannabidiol do not have any psychoactive effects, and they are safe for everyday use.
Legitimate companies extract CBD oil from the Cannabis sativa plant using supercritical carbon dioxide extraction techniques. They dilute the extracts with a carrier oil like MCT, resulting in cannabidiol oil. You can see more info about MCT oil in this link here. They will then put the extracted compound into a shell that’s made up of gelatin and create a gel capsule that’s convenient and effective.
The Food and Drug Administration even approved a CBD-based drug called Epidiolex that helps in rare forms of seizures. It’s known to be effective in Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet Syndrome, where the numbers of episodes are significantly reduced in many patients.
Some of the proponents of CBD swear to the effectiveness of the products. They are used for dystonia, which is a muscle order, anxiety, Crohn’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, pain, and other various conditions. However, there’s still a need for in-depth and peer-reviewed journals for further information.
People find these easy to swallow, and the soft gel capsule will protect the cannabidiol by sealing it in a hermetic way.
Effectiveness and Uses
Likely Effective for the following:
- Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders. The USFDA approves specific product prescriptions like GW Pharmaceuticals and Epidiolex to treat tuberous sclerosis complex, Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, and Dravet Syndrome. It’s still not clear how exactly cannabidiol can help with these, but it’s essential to stay with the prescription and consult with your doctor if in doubt.
Advantages to Know about
- Have a More Precise Dosage. Individuals can be more confident that they are receiving a measured and accurate dose of cannabidiol.
- Easier to Swallow. Some find the capsules and the gels easy to swallow. They are generally soft.
- There are no Other Tastes. The products are generally tasteless and odorless compared to gummies or tinctures. Oils are known to have a specific grassy taste. Read more about the taste in this url: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-taste-of-CBD-oil-like.
- Long-Lasting Effect. The gels do not release the capsule content until they reach the stomach. They have a long-lasting effect, but the effects are slower.
- Ingredient Lists: Some companies have all-natural ingredients that are included in the cannabidiol oil itself. Read the list and make sure that the products are transparent and there are no other non-GMO or harmful ingredients involved. There should be a certificate of analysis included, and they should be reviewed by third-party laboratories.
- Slow Release. One of the cons of the capsules is that they have a slow release, but the effects would last longer compared to others. They might not be fast-acting, and it might take hours before you feel them, but they are going to last.
- They Don’t Target Particular Areas in the Body. When an individual wants to use cannabidiol because of a particular reason like knee inflammation, they might want to use the creams and other topicals for more efficacy. The ointment and oil are applied in targeted areas, and you’ll be able to find more relief with them.
- Inability to Make a Dose Adjustment. Most people cannot adjust the doses, especially if they will take the tinctures. The first doses may be higher than the recommended amount, and the body might become overwhelmed. It’s highly suggested to take the minimum dose and observe the body’s responses afterwards.
Uses of the Cannabidiol Oil
According to the World Health Organization, many people generally tolerate CBD oil. They may even feel great after taking it, as the soft gels may alleviate pain, discomfort, and anxiety. The researchers have discovered that cannabidiol has considerable potential in treating various conditions like:
- Chronic Pain
- Multiple sclerosis symptoms
- Cardiovascular Disease
Using the Gel Capsules
Follow the instructions written on the label and make sure that you only take the recommended dose. Most of the packages will redirect you to the manufacturers’ website for further information about the dose. Some will take the capsules with water, and it’s advisable to start with the lowest dose possible. Once you have an idea of how your body would react, you can slowly increase the dosage in just a few weeks.