Things to check while preparing for IBPS PO Preparation
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is about to conduct the IBPS Bank PO Exam to recruit for 4336 vacancies. IBPS will conduct the prelims exam on 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October 2019. We have consolidated important IBPS PO Preparation Tips for you – go through the tricks & Strategies to crack the Bank PO Exam.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2019
- IBPS PO Syllabus covers:- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Computer Aptitude & General Awareness. These 5 sections have been distributed between Prelims and Mains exam.
- The IBPS PO Exam is considered to be relatively easier than SBI PO however with lakhs of candidates appearing for the test each year, the competition level is high.
Check the IBPS PO Preparation Tips to know detailed study plan, best books & recommended Study Material for each section.
What are the Important Topics in IBPS Bank PO Exam?
Analyzing the previous year question papers and trends in the Bank PO exam, we have compiled a list of important topics in the exam for each section. Questions from below given topics are asked frequently, practice these topics extensively.
Important Topics in English Section
Majority of the marks are allotted to the following topics –
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
Important Topics in Reasoning
The reasoning section majorly questions candidates in the following topics
- Seating Arrangement
Quantitative Aptitude Important Topics
Quantitative Aptitude section can be a bit challenging. Go through these important math topics to score well in this section.
- Profit & Loss
- Age Problems
- Ratio & Proportion
These topics can be high scoring if you practice thoroughly. Data Interpretation is also a frequently asked topic and can be a bit challenging, we recommend you to practice D.I well in advance.
Computer Knowledge Important Topics
Computer Knowledge is tested in the Mains Examination. Go through the following important topics –
- Computer Networking
- Hardware & Software
IBPS PO General Awareness Topics
General awareness is also tested only in the Mains Examination further you can also check it in IBPS PO Exam Analysis. Institute of Banking & Personnel Selection majorly focusses on Banking related Current Affairs. Prepare these topics thoroughly for GA
- Financial Knowledge
- Current Affairs of India & the world with a major focus on financial news
- Financial Institutions
- Banking related News ( Static + Current)
IBPS PO Preparation Strategy
While preparing for the exam, follow these important IBPS PO Preparation Tips to make your own strategy in the exam.
1) Prepare Difficult Topics in Advance – Any challenging topics like Data Interpretation, Banking & Financial General Knowledge or confusing reasoning topics should be prepared well in advance. If you pick such topics in the end, you will get confused.
2) Practice Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness every day- Make sure you practice with quantitative aptitude Mock Tests & General Awareness topics every day. As these are vast sections, take out the time to practice them each day for 2-3 hours.
3) Read Newspaper every day- Reading the newspaper each day will help build your vocabulary, understanding skills & improve your general awareness about current topics. As IBPS usually questions candidates on Financial & Banking related news, you can read any paper for Financial news.
4) Prepare For Mains Well In Advance – There is a gap of little over a month between the prelims & mains exam. It is best to practice the Subjects in the Mains Examination well in advance.
Follow these IBPS PO Preparation Tips and practice the important topics vigorously in order to crack the exam in one go.