What is UCEED?
UCEED or Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design is a graduation level entrance examination conducted by IIT Bombay for entry into the Bachelors of Design program of the 4 IITs offering the course. These institutes are IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur and IIT Guwahati. Many other national-level institutes also admit students to their design courses based on the candidate’s performance in UCEED.
About UCEED 2020
UCEED 2020 is scheduled on 18th January 2020 at different centres in different cities of India, as mentioned in the information brochure. There has been a change in the syllabus as well as the exam pattern of UCEED from this year.
The paper is segregated into two parts and duration of the exam (including both parts) will be 3 hours. The candidates have to appear for part A which is an online exam followed by part B, which will be held offline. The questions in part A will be divided into 3 sections: Numerical Answer Type (NAT), Multiple Select Question (MSQ) and Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
Part B mainly focuses on the drawing abilities of the candidate. A total number of questions to be attempted is 68. Students are advised to read the information brochure carefully before applying.
Dates to remember for UCEED 2020
|UCEED 2020||Important Dates|
|Application Form available from||09 Oct (2019)|
|Last date for submission of applications||09 Nov (2019)|
|Last date for submission of applications with a late fee||16 Nov (2019)|
|Admit Card download||01 Jan (2020)|
|UCEED 2020 Exam date||18 Jan (2020)|
|Release of Answer Key||21 Jan (2020)|
|Last date to file Answer Key Challenge||27 Jan (2020)|
|Declaration of result||13 Mar (2020)|
Books to refer for UCEED Exam
With changes in the syllabus of UCEED 2020, the candidates must refer to the revised edition of books by recognised authors. With the inclusion of the Environment section, the students must now pay attention to check that the books for reference include these additional topics too. There is hardly any book that will cover the theoretical aspects of the entire UCEED 2020 syllabus. Hence, students will have to refer different books for different topics. Here we have a few suggestions that will bring maximum help to the aspirants.
- Manorama Yearbook and Newspapers – For the General Knowledge section since the scope of questions is vast, students need to stay updated on the current affairs as well as past events. The Manorama Yearbook is released every year, giving the candidates an updated knowledge of events.
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal – It is the one book that is necessary and recommended for all the entrance examinations. The revised edition of the book includes questions from recent examinations. The book comes with simple and easy to understand solutions.
- Mathematics for 10+2 level – Candidates must practice mathematical problems from +2 level books for the NAT section of part A.
- Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal – This is one of the most referred books in terms of preparation for vocabulary skills and language questions for any competitive exam. The latest edition includes questions from all recent competitive exams with their answers which will give the students a first-hand experience of problem-solving.
- NID/ UCEED/ NIFT/CEED workbook by Ar. Revati Shantanu Parkhi
- Cracking CEED & UCEED (REVISED EDITION) by Ashok Goel
- UCEED UG (B.Des) Study Pack for 2020: 12 books with previous year Question Paper by Mohd. Haroon