Superfoods must be included in Women’s diet, which in the long run helps to balance the hormone levels and maintain the weight, helps reducing blood pressure and other lifestyle disorders.
The list mention below must be added in daily’s diet :
1.Quinoa: It is a superfood seed grain known to be a complete protein meal, supplies all the amino acids and famous as “mother of all grains”. This seed grain is rich in antioxidants among all the grains. It is quite bitter in taste, as it is naturally grown with a coating called Saponin, which is a type of insecticide. So pre-soaking before cooking in must to release it. This whole grain provides essential vitamins and minerals along with fiber which helps in providing bulk and keeps your stomach full for longer.
Quinoa is naturally grown gluten-free and provides many nutrients like proteins, fiber, complex carbohydrates, fats, magnesium, manganese, folate, phosphorous, copper, iron, zinc, potassium and Vit B complex with a trace amount of Vit E and calcium.
2. Phytoestrogen Rich Food: Well also beneficial in the premenopausal stage. Phytoestrogen is a naturally occurring compound in plants most commonly in soy & legumes. These have effective health benefits and helps in lowering the risk of heart diseases, osteoporosis, menopausal, and breast cancer.
Phyto means plant and estrogen is a hormone, maintains the menstrual cycle of women and responsible for fertility.
Phytoestrogen compound found in plant-based foods & contains a plant compound known as polyphenols. They are largely present in soy and legumes, nuts and berries.
3. Turmeric: It is a spice most commonly used in our kitchen and has many health benefits. It contains a chemical known as Curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and useful in reducing swelling in the body.
It also helps in boosting brain functioning and helps in mood-enhancing. The use of raw turmeric or pure curcumin powder, if taken in boiled water or milk may help reduce the risk of cancer and helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases.
4. Ashwagandha: is a traditional ayurvedic herb, which is known to have medicinal properties. Ashwa means horses and Gandha as-smell. It is also known to be as powerful as a horse. It has medicinal properties to reduce blood sugar level, cortisol levels and also helpful in reducing stress and anxiety, and may treat depression. Its properties also prevent cancer.
5. Moringa: is a plant commonly known for its multi-functional properties. Moringa acts as an anti-inflammatory and has antioxidants. The leaves or plant powder have different vitamins and minerals which is helpful in bone health.
Moringa contains vitamins like A, C, E, and B. These vitamins help keeping heart healthy and prevent cell damage. Moringa is a rich source of Calcium, potassium and has a good amount of protein and iron.
6. Berries: These are powerful antioxidants, have anti-cancerous properties. These are a good source of Vit C and folic acid and help in repairing the damaged cell. These fruits are good for the skin and play as anti-aging fruit. Other benefits include heart health, works at the cellular level, treats urinary tract infections and good for eyesight and bone health.
So, as per the best dietitian in Delhi, Dietitian Kavita Sharma, it is very essential for women to keep track and eat right to stay healthy. They should as per their needs and try to maintain it in the long term.